Cloud Backup Technologies are touted by the Cloud Service Providers as the best solution to backup your computer or server. Know the advantages and disadvantages of Cloud Backup Technology.
As a user, we must need to know something more about these Cloud Backup Technologies.
Approaches of Cloud Backup
Two major approaches to cloud backup method exists. First is by a software as a Service (SaaS) and the data is stored to Cloud storage. Second way is to provide a software and a secondary storage. In case of SaaS, the backup is done through browser, the example of second method of Cloud Backup can be backing up your WordPress via plugin.
Cloud Backup is typically characterized by scalable infrastructure that keeps the data. Previously we wrote about different backup methods for Virtualization, you might want to read that to understand how the technology actually works for server backup.
Advantages of cloud backup system
Before going to the topic on advantages of cloud backup, it is important to mention you again – avoid any Free Public Cloud service to backup your crucial data.
So, we are actually writing about paid system, where you can challenge the provider for their technical problem. Free services are delivered as-is, might not have any legal liability for your damage.
- Efficiency and Reliability : Most Cloud Backup providers use state of the art technology like disk backup, compression, encryption, virtualization of servers and storage, protection for specific applications like WordPress.
- Cost Reduction : Obviously for Cloud backup, you are paying what you are using, so the cost is less.
- Advantage of accessibility in Cloud Backup : You can access from any browser, any Operating System etc.
Disadvantages of Cloud backup system
- Misunderstanding of how it works might result in data loss.
- Limitation on daily transfer to reduce cost.
- Suspension of account, mostly in case of Free Cloud Backup services, not directly related to user’s problem.