Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera is actually is possible to be realized if you can do a huge work with building blocks taking the risk as a DIY project. It is not any April fool joke, neither a fuss guide telling you scan the film negatives and do a math on megapixel output of the scanned image. This guide is really to Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera with risk as always with a DIY project. To follow this guide to Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera, you need to be more computing expert than a photographer. Digital Camera is a computing device with optimized image capturing property. Nothing more or less.
Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera : Needed Equipments, Knowledge, Risks and Advantages
Even a fool will understand the advantages :
- A Film SLR can be purchased from Ebay for just few dollars, may be under hundred. You can buy from real world with bargaining – you are camera collector, you will not say them “I will Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera” or worse pointing towards this article.
- The lenses and other accessories are also unimaginably cheap as they are mostly incompatible with new DSLRs.
Needed Equipments and Knowledge :
A good DIY setup is needed with all types of screw drivers, soldiering iron and if possible more materials and tools. A fool can not Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera. There is need of good knowledge of electronics and Optics.
Risks are loss of time, energy and few hundred dollars.
Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera : Guide
There was a worst April Fool Joke telling that a company will create an adapter that will sit inside a 35 mm camera in place of Film camera. They created excellent fake product designs too. There will probably never such real Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera Kit will arrive to consumer market – the DSLR brands will simply bribe them (lack of better terminology) to stop production. There will be at least 20% loss of DSLR sell if such flawless Film Camera to Digital Camera kit arrives.
The Factors Will Hinder You and You Need to Do Math for this Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera Project
The 35mm Film is not of same size of even a full frame DSLR. The cost is so huge that it makes it meaningless unless you are getting a Full Frame sensor and the board some how at cheap rate. There will be a crop factor as 35 mm is not of equivalent size of whatever sensor we use. F6 and parts from a Nikon D700 is a well known compatible (size wise) “model” so is Nikon F5 and Kodak DCS. You have to understand :
- The Sensor’s position can be moved forward (in side body) up to a degree to get less crop factor
- The Shutter of old camera should trigger the newly used digital part’s shutter, other settings knobs in the same way.
- You need to understand the working principle of a Digital Camera.
We have given a guide line to Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera in real. You need to find the sizes, write them as a log file, match and buy the parts. Assembling, debugging is your work. Many people has successfully converted Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera of their own. You can use a basic webcam to test a Film SLR’s mechanism. Film SLR was mostly mechanical so there is need to shield the electronic components securely. You might need to go to Lede workshop to get a plate properly done to make a sit to ride the sensor or other parts. You can watch this video on YouTube. Most spends a huge money due to lack of calculation, dedication of time. Take it as a long term project of 6 months or more.
Cheating Tips for Convert Film Camera to Digital Camera Project :
- Look in Ebay for a sellar who seller who is not much technically sound. Just understands his / her old SLR camera is a junk today. You must look the products which are not getting sold over few weeks to months,you can go for a bargain arguing – its my old father wants for memory type cheap stories. Ultimately grab a good working one at least cost. Give huge time.
- You must look for compatible lenses at Ebay (again at cheapest rate), otherwise the whole project will sink.
- More was vendor lock in for the Film SLR, more it will be cheaper. Because its lenses or any parts are not compatible with DSLR. It is blacklisted (that is butter for us).
- You must must load a reel of real new Film to test the film SLR whether it is working or not or have issues. Immediately fetch money from the seller for not working Film SLR. At least you must keep the film way open for working even if you can not make it digital. Otherwise it will be 100% loss.
- Parts of DSLRs are sold in Ebay. They are often from accidentally broken DSLR cameras.
- For DSLR parts or digital parts – your target is again to find a model with more vendor lock in, but some how all needed are at your hand to buy. You can think of third party replacement parts.
Tagged With convert film camera to digital camera , convert film camera to digital , converting film camera to digital , film to digital camera conversion , classic camera conversion , adapter kit to change old 35 mm film carera to digtal camera , HOW TO CONVERT CAMERA INTO DIGITA , film camera to digital conversion , how to convert a film camera to digital , convert slr to digital camera