Here is an Illustrated Guide For DIY 3V DC Motor Stand With Female Jumper Ends. 3V DC Motors Lacks Jumper, Needs Sound & Vibration Absorber. This guide is great for DIY test works. We are not fixing the 3V DC Motor inside the wooden stand so that we can use it for other purposes. You may read our 3V DC Motor Speed Control With Diode, Transistor with Arduino UNO Board. This guide is appropriate for such usage.
Stuffs Needed For DIY 3V DC Motor Stand With Female Jumper Ends
The materials are variable, reader may change the material to own need. Here is a list of what we used :
- 3V DC Motor
- 3″ x 3″ x 1.5″ wooden block
- Soldering iron (optional)
- Long Female Jumper, ideally separated from ribbon
- Wire cutter (optional)
- Wood crafting tools
- Good power drill
- 4 springs like from pen to support from 4 corners (optional)
- Rubber bands
- 2 x 4 head or Torx screw (optional) to add at motor’s body
- Skill :)
Suggested Steps For DIY 3V DC Motor Stand With Female Jumper Ends
Here is kind of infographics for the project :
So, first we opened the motor & drilled the top to hold two screws to add rubber bands. This is risky work, you may skip it. As we opened the motor, we soldered the jumper wire’s cut end directly inside the DC motor. You can skip this too.
You are starting from here – cut a larger female jumper wire’s one end and solder it with (+)ve and (-)ve end of the motor. Very easy work.
Then take a 3″ x 3″ x 1.5″ wooden block. The measurement depends on your motor’s diameter and length. If your motor’s diameter is 1″, cut out a bit bigger diameter on the center of the wooden block. You’ll not cut the wood out with same diameter up to the bottom. You will add a “choke” – a bit constriction which will have a diameter lesser than your motor’s diameter. Motor will nicely sit on the wooden block now.
Last part is also optional. We added rubber bands with the screws to secure the motor inside the wooden block. We cut out the four corners of the wooden block and drilled it towards the cavity (where the motor will sit). Then we pushed plastic pen’s spring through the hole to keep the motor in place. We did a bit craft work to conceal the corners’ drill work & added glue to fix the outside.