I am doing these DIY works since 4 years of age else it was not possible to master many things in life. Here is part 1 of electronics learning kit for kids. Our budget is least possible and for China it is possible today to get the stuffs at very cheap price. In 1988 I can remember that a set of electrical & magnet things from Toy World shop was purchased for me which was very costly. In recent past, I repaired that 3V DC motor of that set and created a wooden stand for it. Their quality were very high but cost was prohibitive to most citizens on this earth. Any good family has “adult tools” like pliers, hammers, wrenches, hand drill, saw but these things get destroyed within teen age.
These are for real children – 4 years plus. Parents on real genius children know their own children as mirrors of them.
Electronics Learning Kit For Kids
I am making a list mainly focussed on power supply and with the security point – no relationship with AC mains supply. Power is adequate to run Arduino with servo motor later. We were introduced to BBC BASIC quite late – cross 10 years of age. Those ways of teaching is difficult to reproduce in 2017.
- AA battery holder (with capability to hold four to 6 AA batteries)
- OR 9V batteries
- Alligator Clips
- Jumper wires (male and females)
- E10 flashlight bulbs
- E10 flashlight bulb holders
- 3V DC motor
- For slightly elder children, add Breadboard power supply
- Some sort of switch (found in electronics repair shops)
- Some sort of big round magnet (found in speaker repair shops)
- Copper wire for coil, other wires
- Few LEDs
- Few diodes
- Few resisters of various values
- Few capacitors
I have shown how to charge capacitor to light up LED after battery is taken off. Intelligent humans does not need more than books on basic examples and supply of things.Tagged With affordable xyrevo technologies