It is not another article on breadboard wiring rules. Human who can read this webpage knows what is breadboard, breadboard power supply etc. Here are some extreme breadboard wiring rules & useful hacks to make the things easy for complicated circuits. Actually we are working with through hole technology components not SMD components, so 1960-70’s various things work better. I will use least images and more URLs to illustrate few things.
1 inch is 1000 mil, 1 inch is 2.54, 1 inch is 25.4 mm. So 1 mil is 0.001 Inch, which means 0.00254 cm or 0.025 mm.
Breadboard Wiring Rules
I have my own set of rules :
- Test and use own method which feels easy
- Basic rule for perfection is using good conductive materials
- Intense use of wire wrapping and ban of soldering
- Star configuration of power supply
- Use own custom DIY jumper wires not solid core wire (solid core wiring looks like n00b)
- Usage of daughter board
- Bending and cutting the components like LED, resistors at 90 degrees with tools
- Crossing of wires strictly prohibited
- Usage of coloured wires
- Using an acceptable breadboard power supply
- Using female jumper wires for connecting any sensor or module like TM 1637
Breadboard Wiring Rules & Useful Hacks
ATX power supply can be used for breadboard with some mod to make it absolutely of professional grade, like we can add Mini DC Digital Voltmeter to get live idea of what supply is coming.
Male headers, female headers can fit inside breadboard and helpful for wire wrapping like can be done on regular perfboard.
As derivative of own custom DIY jumper wires guide, a regular resistor’s one end can be clipped to make it suitable for inserting 90 degree to breadboard while the other end will get a female crimp pin with connector housing or kept open for wire wrapping. This guide is good :
But there are ready to use stapler pins! Of course copper stapler pins are available.
Made in China things made electronics easy and cheap, there are CR2032 battery holder for breadboard, SD Card breakout with headers for breadboard and many more things. Indeed, if you search the web with “breakout for breadboard” (without the quotation marks), you’ll get lot of things. There is screw terminal block breakout for breadboard.
There are Made in China boxes available, you can keep your breadboard with half or full completed circuit inside such.
Last thing is knowing when to use perfboard with breadboard layout.
Follow the Author of this article :