Landing pages are said to be one of the most prominent and yet easy to implement online marketing tool. The concept enthusiasts at every possible opportunity quote its numerous benefits such as:
- increasing conversion rate,
- getting insights about visitors,
- getting attention of customers quickly,
- building trust,
- speeding up decision making process.
Frankly speaking – if a landing page is of high quality and engaging it truly can do all of that for your online business. However, nowadays the online business world is facing the plague of bad quality landing pages which do not actually bring any value to businesses.
|Table of Contents
To fully benefit from having a landing page and add your online business credibility, authenticity and professionalism, your landing page has to follow the best landing page creation practices. To create landing page of excellence you can use a landing page builder as this tool smoothly guides you through the whole creation process. However, it does not reduce the risk of failure to zero.
When creating your brand-new landing page you need to have in mind some ground rules that have been gathered by online marketing gurus. It is not hidden knowledge accessible only for those who managed to open the sesame. All you need to do is to look closer at landing page failures reasons and ways to avoid them. And luckily for you and your online business – we have gathered all of them for you. Just read on and thank me later ;-)
Reasons for landing pages failure
Landing pages failure always have a logical reason behind it. Even if you cannot see it at first glance you just need to look closer or look at it from another perspective. Copy-editing of the text, a limited number of proper images are some of the easy points to find errors. There is a plentiful area to make a mistake. Sometimes even tiny little one but still meaningful for landing page performance.
Too much details!
Since the landing page essence is to convert and make a favourable first impression immediately don’t go over the edge with the information you put there. Otherwise, most peoples probably will read only the headlines. And also – if there is too much text the visitors may not understand the value of your solution as they just won’t feel like spending an hour on your landing page looking for it.
Where is the headline?
Another problem when it comes to the landing page creation is omitting some essential elements that should be placed on every single one of the landing pages ever designed. The landing page concept has been evolving over the last few years and today it has a certain structure you should stick to.
The template does not fit here
Choosing the landing page template recklessly is another faux pas, especially among landing page creation newbies. We realise that downloading the first seen landing page template is the quickest and easiest option but it is not a way to go. The font size and line spacing need to be more compared to a blog website.
It doesn’t really inspire trust
When producing a landing page you need to keep in mind it should be consistent with your business. Therefore, if it is not compatible with your business mission it won’t inspire trust and your potential leads will believe neither in you nor in your solution.
Are you redirecting all traffic to your homepage?
The homepage is a landing page itself and it is easy to drive all traffic to homepage but it yields fewer leads. For each call to action, we should have a custom-tailored landing page. More will be the number of landing pages, more will be the lead. More will be webpages on a website, more will be the chance of higher traffic.
Ways to avoid landing page failure
Being aware of possible mistakes you need to keep them in mind and never make them again. The truth is that you are capable of creating an engaging and convincing landing page but first, you need to plan its structure and content you want to put on it. When designing your landing page you have to remember that:
- landing pages should always be honest, straightforward and concise. Don’t overwhelm the visitors with an abundance of figures and facts as no one cares about the details when they see a product for the first time,
- there are essential elements which should always be put on every landing page such as catchy headlines, a little bit more descriptive subheadlines, quoted benefits, a visible call to action and a lead generation form,
- online free landing page templates are not a bad idea on the condition that you adjust them properly to your type of business and the targeted audience,
- pop ups on landing pages can be an excellent idea boosting conversions but only if they provide potential leads with value (for example an e-book or additional resource) and they don’t completely ruin user experience,
- landing page design does matter as it impacts on user experience and makes visitors stay or go away from your landing page. It is the first thing a visitors subliminally notices and it influences on their first impression,
- your landing page needs to inspire trust and make visitors perceive you an expert in the field. Keep this in mind while creating and try to show it with the content you put on your landing page.
Being aware of all the above and following these rules when tailoring your landing page significantly increases the chances of creating a highly converting landing page of your dreams. Try to implement them and as a consequence, you will see how powerful and lucrative a landing page can be. And that is what you need for your online business.Tagged With landing page , website builder