The online gaming and gambling industry is gigantic and always aims to keep up to date. Estimated global revenue is projected to reach $ 516.03 billion in 2021. Last year, it was $ 465.76 billion. If you are planning to start a gambling website, there could not be a better time than now.
However, before you consider building a betting website or hiring a gambling website development company to do the job for you, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with all the specifics of the industry, especially when it comes to legal matters.
|Table of Contents|
Online Casino: Where Is It Legal?
Current US laws require online gambling permits to be issued at the state level. That is how it is at the moment. Nevada, Delaware, and New Jersey have already started issuing official gambling licenses for their residents. Several other states are in the procedure or are close to completing it and will soon start issuing licenses.
If you are outside of the United States, you can use the Internet to check the status of online and sports betting in your country. In general, most online gambling companies choose to incorporate and obtain appropriate operating licenses in one of the following well-known gambling meccas:
- Costa Rica
- Isle of Man
- Antigua and Barbuda
Decide Whether to Buy or Develop Custom iGaming Software
Robust and stable gambling software is essential to keep your business going. It depends on whether you are to choose an iGaming software provider or hire a website development company to build the entire solution from scratch. The cost will vary accordingly.
A completely custom gaming solution with the appropriate licenses is available for around € 300,000 to € 1,000,000. The positive side is – you have full control over your website, source code, and all installed software – and you don’t have to pay license fees or imposed fees to an iGaming software provider (these can add up quickly).
Whichever route you choose for your online gambling business, always make sure that your software is loaded with the following features:
- Secure payment or banking software that supports multiple currencies and well-known payment systems (casinos differ by this criteria and are rated, so there is top PayPal casino, top Neteller casino, Top Revolut casino, etc.)
- Advanced customizable software
- Access to a wide variety of games
- Customer support
- Great coverage of the various betting markets
The Ideal Design
The way your online gambling website looks and is navigated defines the amount of potential revenue you can potentially generate. Nothing deters a potential gamer more than a shabby-looking, annoying, and non-intuitive website. Remember, online gambling is a lucrative niche and you will be battling hundreds of other websites for exposure and market share. Here is how you can create a great casino website that looks attractive:
- Opt for a simplistic, modern design.
- Keep it minimal and targeted. Players should immediately understand the steps to take to start gambling – how to register an account, how to review available games, etc. Don’t overload your website with too many graphics and interactive elements as this will slow down the casino. Enrich content with blogs.
- If your website is sluggish and slow to load, the majority of users will simply go gamble elsewhere and the search engines may decide to rank it lower; don’t add too much animation or other types of built-in graphics. Any images that you use should also be optimized in size so that they are not too heavy and load too slowly.
Appealing Design Is a Must
Mobile and on-the-go gambling are on the rise, especially in the betting industry. If you are looking to create a betting website, consider making it mobile-friendly right away. That would be ideal.
While mobile gaming was only worth $ 21 billion in 2014, revenue is expected to reach $ 100 billion by 2023. Mobile gambling accounts for almost 50 % of gambling revenue worldwide. The combined revenue for casino and card games on Google Play saw an annual increase of 105 %.