There are genuine Windows Basic users who wants how to enable Aero feature in Windows 7 Basic. There are many tools available to enable Aero in Windows 7 Basic. I will give a short tutorial on how to enable Aero in Windows 7 without using any software.
1. Click Start menu. Type Regedit. Hit enter:
2. If any security prompt comes, accept it. Registry Editor will open.
1. Find out this key:
on the left hand pane:
(Note: I have shown you the screenshots in My Windows 7 Ultimate version; so all the windows components are having aero from the beginning. Also the registry keys are seen above may or may not match with Basic).
2. If you dont find DWM registry key, then right click, then select New -> Key and name it DWM.
3. Under DWM key, on the right sided pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit value) named UseMachineCheck by right clicking anywhere in the blank space on right pane, and set its value to 0. In this way:
3. Under DWM key create another new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Blur, and set its value to 0.
4. Under DWM key create another new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Animations, and set its value to 0.
1. Restart the computer. Its done!Tagged With windows 7 basic aero enable , regedit enable aero , reg key basic theme , how to turn on windows aero windows 7 home basic , how to get aero in windows 7 home basic , how to enable windows 7 aero with regedit , How to enable Aero on Windows 7 Home Basic , how to enable aero in windwos 7 , enable aero in win 7 basic , enable aero for win 7 home basic
It didn’t work here.
But thanks to try a solution.
Thats bad it have not worked :(
You are welcome and thanks for the feedback :)
Just one question: are you using Windows 7 SP1?
Sorry man, but I made a mistake.
I tought that I had installed the 7 basic. But I installed the 7 starter.
You can delete my comment.
Nothing to say sorry :) It happens.
I thought something got changed in Windows 7 registry after installation of SP1 that is creating problem; thats why asked you about SP1 :D
Your family, your country should proud of having a person like you: you came back just to say you were wrong. Very few does it. Great :love:
Thanks man. I appreciate your helpfulness to answer me.
And great site. :)
You are welcome :) Thank you very much for the appreciation. You can try this tool :
http://thecustomizewindows.com/2010/10/system-transparency/ ; though frankly I am not sure if it will work for Windows 7 Starter. If does not work, you have two options to get a better look (Starter really look bad :( ):
If you have budget, upgrade / buy Windows 7 Home premium (or upwards).
If you do not have budget, try KDE Plasma workspace. Screenshots in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDE_Plasma_Workspaces . Typically it was for Linux, now work is going on for Windows too, here is the link to official website:
It looks great. I will try that later.
You are welcome :)
hey buddy i hav win7 home basic nd i tried the above procedure nd it didnt work ??? :((((
Basic or Starter? and is it pre-installed (OEM)? Give details.
Is the windows 7 home basic that I have will still be genuine? Please. I don’t want to lose the genuine status of my windows 7!
It has nothing to do with Genuine Advantage checking. You will not lose the Genuine status.
If you really have a Genuine copy if any process makes it invalid, a simple phone to Microsoft (number available on the activation window) can solve the issue – they gives another bigger number to activate it back. I faced it twice while changing Optical drive and RAM.
Personally I think from my experience that, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is far better than windows 7 home basic.