Fix Mountain Lion Slow Shut Down Time that takes more than ~3 sec to shut down after a gray screen with spinning icon. 20 second shutdown is not nice for a Mac. It is a bizarre issue for OS X 10.8.x and was not not present in Lion. The possible reason is the changed Software Architecture towards more UNIX and chopping out some BSD parts by Apple. So any old application, be it officially installed or you have installed it, can cause this after some triggering event. It seems there is an issue that possibly increases non response or requires forced to be closed. This is not hardware issue. You can create a new user account and shut down from that account – it will frankly shut down like a dream that we expect – click on Apple Icon > Shut Down… > Alert box > Click Shut Down > hardly 2 seconds > black screen – yes its off. You are getting angry because you know this luxury faster shutdown but your MacBook Pro or Air is behaving like Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC. Lot of funky writings from Microsoft arrives while shutting down – Windows is doing this that and then showing shutting down as if it will happen now. That is not not acceptable for our Macs, this is why this guide to Fix Mountain Lion Slow Shut Down Time. Apart from this guide to Fix Mountain Lion Slow Shut Down Time, you can read Tips To Keep Mac and MacBook Pro Faster, there was one tips as well to try and make it faster.
Fix Mountain Lion Slow Shut Down Time : Understanding the Magnitude of the Problem
Basically, from using Microsoft Windows, it appears to us, as if as time the computer will be used, it will become slower. It has been an accepted thing made by Microsoft like their legendary browser named Internet Explorer 6.0, they are so shameless, they even celebrated the official closure. Otherwise a SUSE Linux on space would take 5 hours to shown after 10 years. Any operating system should shut down within 3 seconds unless there is incompatibility or some issues within the kernel or core.
- Up to Lion Mac had no issue as everything was fine somehow.
- After Mountain Lion, there are some changes that created an incompatibility, definitely its very light in nature.
- Microsoft Windows actually runs somehow, the basic is, it is a fully copied Operating System from OpenVMS. That copied part and their special version of XML config file, that is the registry, creates the issue.
- Most Server version of Linux shut down quite fast, possibly Free BSD is the fastest to shut down.
As the problem is definitely with something in the core, unless there is fix by changing it more, even if one trick to Fix Mountain Lion Slow Shut Down Time, after 2 days or two months another issue will make it to behave like that. In other words, you might have to fix by another trick later. It does not mean Mountain Lion has been a crap, it is small disturbing issue, it will take time for the radical cure by Apple or by the other brands.
Fix Mountain Lion Slow Shut Down Time
Do not apply all the tricks, use one by one to test.
- First follow the old articles, you can read Tips To Keep Mac and MacBook Pro Faster.
- Second, Take out all the peripherals before shutting down – anything on Ethernet port, USB port, Turn off Bluetooth.
- Third is written in the last paragraph of First point’s linked article – removing Java folder.
- Shut down with “Reopen windows when logging…” unchecked. Its checked by default.
- Test with Verbose mode by starting it with holding command plus V keys. During shutdown if the issue is with software, you will see it.
- Right Click on Finder Icon, click the option saying Go to Folder… click it and navigate to /Library/Caches/ folder. You can delete all from command line.
- VMWare, VirtualBox, FireFox are known culprits and can be painful to fix.
- Under Macintosh HD > Go to Library. There are two folders namely,
None of these might give you permanent solution. The reasons we said before.
Follow the Author of this article :