Installing WordPress on Free OpenShift PaaS can be a free way for installing self hosted WordPress. This is a long, detailed video to startup using WordPress. Previously we published several video and textual guides on Red Hat OpenShift. For the new users – there is absolutely no false promises within the word “Free”. It is free within a certain usage quota, which is enough for a website with 1000 page views per day. You can shift to paid hosting when you can pay the required fees.
Installing WordPress on Free OpenShift PaaS : Why it is Free
We have shown the guide on installing WordPress on Free OpenShift PaaS using the FreeShift, that is the free quota of OpenShift. As the competitors like Heroku Cloud, App Fog etc. PaaS providers also has free quota, OpenShift also has Free Quota to promote their product.
Installing WordPress on Free OpenShift PaaS : Going in to Some Details
The video guide for installing WordPress on free OpenShift PaaS is enough big and explanatory to make any user understand :
- How to get started with OpenShift (for WordPress)
- How to configure some basic settings of WordPress
- How to install Plugins on WordPress
- How to install Themes on WordPress
- How to install PHPMyAdmin to take the backup of MySQL database. The process of using PHPMyAdmin has not been shown as PHPMyAdmin is a standard server side software.
- How to clone the repository on your computer (Mac has been used)
As everything can not be shown in details within a 40 minutes video guide; we are proving some more helpful and specific guides :
- Installing WordPress on Free OpenShift PaaS – Text Version
- Working with PHPMyAdmin
- Installing Command Line Tool for Red Hat OpenShift PaaS
- Functions and Handling of PHPMyAdmin
We have a backup Plugin for WordPress to take the backup of FTP to zip file, this is very easy to use plugin and works even if WordPress for some reason can not load itself. There are many download, but only two ratings, please rate the plugin after using it or post comments on that webpage.
DJ Fort Myers FL says
Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine
Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing
very good gains. If you know of any please share.