Website with Rackspace Cloud Files really costs in Cents – you can create a sales Website, your Photography Website, Profile Website at absolutely cheaper cost yet you are using a Platform on OpenStack Cloud Computing Software, which is geographically server (so very fast) and the backend is Akamai’s bare metal. Essentially, this type of guide for creating a website with Rackspace Cloud Files is nothing new – we are writing, showing various advanced usages since many years – but, previously we needed to change some settings, which apparently was difficult for a new user; now Rackspace offers more easy to create with only using their web graphical interface. So, this guide to build a website with Rackspace Cloud Files is basically an update.
Website With Rackspace Cloud Files : Older and Related Guides
This part is more important than you can think! Yes, you basically one need not to know the old method – although it is important for other usages (read Serving Fonts from Rackspace Cloud Files CDN), but the list of articles and guides will give you a fair idea about what you can do with Rackspace Cloud Files. As a paid option, honestly Rackspace Cloud Files costs next to nothing (for our other websites we tested all existing CDNs including direct Akamai’s service. Direct Akamai can be great and known to be the best CDN but cost is quite higher for medium usage).
Practically, performing a search on this website with Rackspace Cloud Files will give you a good search result like a list. May be, there can be something interesting for you.
- Serving Full HTML Website From Rackspace Cloud Files CDN (old method, need not to know unless there is some need)
- Rackspace Cloud Files and Bootstrap : Create an Excellent Website Easily
- Music player fully hosted on Rackspace Cloud Files
- Rackspace Cloud Files and Flowplayer
- Embedding Streaming Video From Rackspace Cloud Files
- Free or Nearly Free Practical Options for Photo Gallery Hosting
Website With Rackspace Cloud Files : Steps
Steps are quite easy :
- First, download Twitter Bootstrap or the HTML+CSS+JS template/framework from Github or other official website.
- Edit the Template in any Text Editor, we use Coda on Mac for this purpose. HTML files normally shows as on browser “preview” on localhost (=your computer). LAMP setup is not required.
- Download Cyber Duck and configure it for Cloud Files – read this article for step by step guide.
- You can easily drag and drop with Cyber Duck – its easier. You can create a new container for this project (get the New Folder option on right click inside Cyber Duck)
- However, your Container is not Public.
- Go to Rackspace Cloud Control Panel > Cloud Files > Container Name
- You will see the unpublished container’s icon is different – its like a cube at the time of writing.
- Click it to get the option to publish the container.
- Done. Copy the SSL or Non-SSL URL and point your browser.
- Example is here. It is relatively complex example. Other examples are in other guides.