VPSDime Provides Cloud Server Instance of 6GB RAM at $7 Per Month Cost. Here is Detailed VPSDime Review Plus Tips & Tricks For the Users. There is not much difference of their Cloud Servers when compared with Rackspace or HP Cloud. We used Rackspace for 4 years, HP Public Cloud for 1.3 years. We are really impressed with their quality and stability. We would rather tend to say, our typical review to compare Amazon, Rackspace, Digital Ocean and Linode has fallacy. All of us know that Amazon’s one ex-employee leaked about Amazon’s crap hardware quality. We tested VPSDime’s 6GB RAM instance, which is their least costly option. VPSDime demands expert sysadmins as clients. They are quite tight about DDoS attacks and burning CPU to 100%.
Reason to Consider VPSDime 6GB RAM at $7 Per Month Cloud Server Review
It is probably odd to see Rackspace, HP Cloud related guides and VPSDime. Why we thought about or even considered VPSDime? First and foremost important – we can reduce our own total cost of ownership; secondly, we can resell ready to use server instances at very cheap rate and thirdly, we can create guides which demands higher RAM – like Installing and configuring OpenStack. Honestly, testing to install OpenStack Swift costs us near $20 for just few hours on HP Cloud or Rackspace. We are not saying to close Rackspace or any well known provider’s account. We are not even saying to use their service as a new command line user. Possibly we can explain many things around VPSDime, which is possibly absent in a usual VPSDime Review.
How to Use VPSDime 6GB RAM at $7 Per Month Cost?
This is not easy part for a production server. VPSDime is not managed at all. There is no infrastructure management. DDoS is normal, it is common to face XMLRPC like attacks on WordPress. VPSDime will politely kick out on DDoS attack.
If load average goes towards 4, they will also politely kick out.
- First, that $7 / month is not the end cost – it is the backend of the setup in production line.
- Second, there must be a good monitoring of the server for active alerts.
- Third, a transactional email service is best to use. They have cap of sending emails from on Email Servers.
- Forth, a good DNS service like Dyn should be used.
- Sixth, a CDN service like KeyCDN will be needed.
- Seventh, front end better to have a low RAM server as reverse proxy, for example – we can use Linode’s 1GB server with Nginx as Reverse Proxy.
- Eighth, there must be a 4 hourly manually checked full backup and a nightly manual backup to another data center.
- Ninth, installing port knocking is almost a mandatory need. Other security measures includes installing Fail2ban, key based login & disabling password based login etc.
Total amount knowledge, man hours needed actually makes the price not suitable for a newbie. It is not designed for that type of usage. If one can not use a good CDN, a good DNS, a reverse proxy to offload the chance of DDoS directly on the main server, should possibly stay away from the lucrative offer.
How VPSDime Gives 6GB RAM at $7 Per Month Cost?
Why not possible? HP Enterprise Cloud gives service at same price but managed layer make it costlier. Obviously raw materials cost lesser. Otherwise how Akamai would give 6 DNS at so cheaper cost?
If you rent 128MB RAM from your MacBook Pro, how much you will charge? 50 cents? You already purchased MacBook Pro, whatever money comes back; that is extra for you. We are assuming how it is possible :
- Lesser charge of business registration & VAT – England’s charge of business registration is under 20 Pound. India, US business registration is over 160 Pound.
- Cost of manpower in America is huge versus India.
- No web design, no server admin, no monitoring decreases the need of skilled manpower.
- There is no DNS service.
- No tweak done on the ISO images.
- No update is served from own mirror.
- 6 GB is not fully used by a user. It allows probability to add more users.
- No initial charge of infrastructure – Incero is the provider, 32GB DDR-3 RAM on Incero gives $170 per month cost
- If 200 same services taken, on long term commitment it goes down. 32 GB is for example. 5 users can use a 32 GB with dedicated 6GB RAM. Take that Incero gives $1o0 per month cost for bulk purchase plus VPSDime over sells. 32 GB if used by 10 users with 6GB tag, cost per user becomes 3.2 USD. 99% of the advanced users will not use 6GB RAM and 100% CPU.
- Now take that, Incero is owned by the same company.
- Take that, Incero has ISP service, other business or may be own power unit.
- From $7 Per Month per user, $5 Per Month is coming as gross income.
Money brings money. This is never possible by a Startup like DigitalOcean. If you are wondering, there are dedicated servers at just double of the price. The physical machines are refurbished. Refurbished Apple iPhone 5S 16GB “Unlocked” cost $200 in India. Will you buy a Refurbished Rack Server? What you’ll do with that Gizmo at home? Reselling an old server is difficult work. Initial cost of ownership is going down. VPSDime’s billing support is quite fast – that support person can work for 25 other companies.
How VPSDime Divides 6GB RAM to Decrease the Cost?
On coming to the point; how 32 GB can be used by 10 users with 6GB tag. That “cheating” is actually not needed at all. 32GB dedicated server will not have 32GB RAM available. There will be Operating System, a virtualization software.
Overselling and over-provisioning are different things. A knowledgeable provider can oversell without affecting the users’s experience. Over-provisioning always has a risk. There telltale signs from within a VM that indicate a node is over-provisioned. VPSDime does not over-sell or over-provision. They use 384GB servers not 32GB servers.
There is cap on load average, DDoS is strict NO, mail server has cap. Less monitored racks. Users will tend to use 75% of their RAM or Processing need. It is not possible to give 1GB at $0.99. $2 would be the minimum charge. We are saying from an assumption. This extra RAM help to run the system.
It is more probable – virtualization software is directly dividing the hardware resource. More virtualization layers will be used, more there will be wastage of CPU, Disk Space & memory.
How Rackspace Psychologically Force to Use Load Average Lesser than 4
There is cloud intelligence. With email alerts, any advanced user will fear to use a constant 90% RAM. Otherwise who will give them the extra RAM, computing power to run the DNS, control panel etc. ? That explains why more costly makes the support and design looking great. Rackspace gives the warranty of the “tags”. A 4GB instance needs more than 4GB to provision! That provision control is at your hand. Pay the price.
More employees mean more they will go to the toilet. Toilet will need constant water supply and cleaning person. Run several factories, you’ll also understand how pathetic is to manage the female employees. Female employees make such a gesture, it will feel like; they live at 5 Star Hotels. Seven Star Hotel does not exist – it is marketing buzz word.
Question is that, with a great looking control panel, what exactly you’ll do?
The price tag is possible to offer by only few companies. Reason is nothing but they have inherited properties d businesses like me. It is an assumption. Oktay Technology is the owner of this IT part.
Conclusion & Recommendation For Using VPSDime 6GB RAM at $7 Per Month Cost
It is not a service for a new user. Using VPSDime needs experience of handling GNU/Linux servers for at least 5 years. When we will see running
sudo apt update is throwing
-bash: sudo command not found, we will run
apt-get install sudo. There is nothing to write as VPSDime Review. Honestly, it is at per with un-tweaked Rackspace. Rackspace uses internal mirror for
upgrade – they obviously will appear very fast! With our mentioned way, using VPSDime as production server has no risk.
Available Features and Not To Dos
- Support for billing and account – 15 minutes matter.
- 4CPU cores, 6GB Memory, 30GB HD, 2TB Bandwidth, 10Gbit Connection
- Lower Time to First Byte ( tested with webpagetest with Nginx plus from Dallas to Dallas ) – Faster than DigitalOcean & Linode, exactly closer to Rackspace with closer spec.
- Nothing really more than a IP and password. What you expect more?
- Reinstalling OS – Possible.
- There is monitoring service on the control panel. Detaching that would increase performance, but probably not allowed.
- Extra bandwidth, IP etc. are available.
- If you need server with 4GB RAM, then use 6GB instance. If you need 5GB+, use a higher plan.
- Do not disturb the support. We will use at lower cost, if you fear to test with $7, use Rackspace. Rackspace’s support talks about anything – if your mood is depressed, they can make you happy.
- Best combination would be with HP Public Cloud and VPSDime. Sadly, HP Public Cloud died.
- UNIX benchmarks are available on standard testing websites.
- Do not combine a crap CDN and DNS service.
- Kindly add a server from other host in front to reduce DDoS. At minimum – use Aruba Cloud’s 1 Pound, 1GB instance.
- That server in front should monitor the backend, take backup & send to Dropbox or something.
- If you do not like, do not use.