Many of us coded in BBC Microcomputers. That is a time tested great computer for starting coding. BBC Micro Bit is an Embedded System For Learning Coding in UK Like We Did on BBC Microcomputers. Let Us Look at the Official Specs & Schematic. UK Make it Digital scheme is intended to resolve their digital skills shortage, BBC Research & Development with the companies including BT, Microsoft will give away the hardware to every child in Year 7 in the UK. Original BBC Micro has a positive impact to the author of this article. UK’s move is appreciable. It will be available later for purchase by anyone.
BBC Micro Bit : Preface to Specs & Schematic
All are searching the circuit – it is understandable but that is not available that this moment. BBC said that the majority of the development costs were borne by the project partners and intends to license the technology as open source and allow it to be manufactured around the world for use in education. The Micro Bit is created using the ARM mbed development kits. The run-time system and programming interface utilize the mbed cloud compiler service to compile the user’s code. There is no possible reason reverse engineer.
This is the official website of the manufacturer (not of BBC) :
This is Make it Digital project :
BBC has coding related resources :
BBC Micro Bit : Specs & Schematic
BBC Micro Bit (micro:bit) is an ARM Cortex-M0 processor based embedded system with a dimension of 4 x 5 cm device with accelerometer, magnetometer, Bluetooth, USB, 25 LED display, two programmable buttons, five ring connectors as part of 23-pin edge connector.
Hardware Spec :
- Nordic nRF51822, 16MHz 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 microcontroller, 256 KB flash memory, 16 KB static ram, 2.4GHz Bluetooth low energy wireless networking.
- Freescale Kinetis KL26Z – 48 MHz ARM Cortex-M0+ core.
- Freescale MMA8652, 3-axis accelerometer sensor via I²C-bus.
- Freescale MAG3110, 3-axis magnetometer sensor via I²C-bus
- MicroUSB connector, battery connector, 23-pin edge connector.
- Display consisting of 25 LEDs in a 5×5 array.
- Three tactile pushbuttons
Software Spec :