Hundreds of come and go startup companies are becoming quite common now. Push Notifications WordPress is a Commonly Searched Term by the Admins of the Self Hosted Blogs. Here is a Full Guide Explaining Many Matters. Basically we discussed the Push Technology before for the technical part, but the real as a customer experience will be different from it. Clearly know – the practical part of Push Notifications, be it WordPress or any other CMS or Website is quite complicated.
Push Notifications WordPress : Why Complicated?
We wrote about Push Technology, Push Messaging via various articles :
- Push Technology
- Push Message Server
- Push Message & OS X Notification
- Joss xPaaS vs Urban Airship Push Notification
WordPress software does have an implementation of Push Technology via Jet Pack Plugin for the Administration to notify about comments & other matters. But, normally we seek for subscribers & auto push message towards the subscribers upon publication of new post. Sadly, money can not solve it easily.
There is Android, Apple iOS, Desktop Google Chrome, Desktop Firefox, Desktop Safari browsers. iOS is quite pathetic and very complicated. Apple usually need developer license for any kind of communication. That is not quite cheap option. Android also needs separate system. Google Cloud Messaging somewhat unifies it.
What exactly happens to a new user seeking a third party paid service as solution for Push Notifications WordPress :
- You are confusing with Feedburner like easy all-in-one solution, that is not exactly correct
- Desktop Push Notification actually needs no extra money – your server can easily do it for free of cost!
- Startup companies understand the misunderstanding and deliver somewhat inefficient service with lot of graphs & buzz words
- Some companies make the iOS, Android matter pain free – it becomes pay & use system. But that has another problem – unlike feed subscription, you can not easily move the already subscribers from one service to another
- Some companies do not make the iOS, Android matter pain free – it would be paid by you! The charge is for the management and analysis on third party server
In short :
- You should manage the Desktop Push Notification system on your own server
- At minimum you should have a clear plan for the mobile push promotion
Push Notifications WordPress : Companies Can Suddenly Get Closed or the Make Free Tier Paid
In older days, the typical Freemium services on the Internet never changed overnight from free tier to fully paid forcing the existing free plan customers to use the paid plan. Old users were delivered the free plan & free plan discontinued.
With a sudden global craze to open a Startup Company of own has created an odd situation. Overnight shutdown of company with paid customers also becoming common. Push Messaging Segment is a worst segment where chance to get ripped off is higher. Again, unlike the feed subscription system, you can not easily move the already subscribers from one service to another. To make it more complex, currently Apple has 2 kinds of push notifications – OS X Website Push Notifications and Local Notifications. So much carefulness is to protect the users from spams and protecting the servers from exploits.
Our Suggested Plan for Implementing Push Notifications on WordPress Blogs
There is W3C Working Draft (15 December 2015) of Push API :
Google Cloud Messaging practically a free to use service. For 90% WordPress blogs, combinations of Google Cloud Messaging with PHP implementation of Push API will work fine at free of cost. If you opt for third party service, possibly that is for the mobile devices. For that unified reason, we published articles & guides on JBoss.
Follow the Author of this article :