Blog has no ROI but it is possible to make hundreds to millions from blogs. Here is 2019-2020 Edition on How to Make Money With a Blog For the Beginners. A decade back, it was quite easy for us to start few blogs, create content, sell some of them in website selling marketplace and retain some to continuously supply money. There were few person at that time to deliver advice, one of such was Darren Rowse. Today, answering how to make money with a blog is not that easy unlike it was a decade back. Main reason is the old serious blogs created 10 years back – number of active websites increasing on this earth. An 8 years old blog active blog is more reliable to the advertisers than a fresh new blog. Another reason is growing complexity to initiate the first steps. In the year 2008, SSL/TLS was out of question. Today, need of knowing basic technical know how is far higher than it was a decade back. Apart from making money, a blog is foundation base of own identity on the web, showcase own talent. However, few things remained constant for the blogs. One is the need of consistency, perseverance. A decade back, zillions opened serious blogs but only few still today are living. Maintaining self-hosted blog not exactly easy work. Advices of near 2 decades old blogs such as
copyblogger.com still works. Blog forces to learn more and more new things.
Select Proper Niche To Make Money With a Blog
Each niche has products, advertisers, an average keyword value. However, topic selection must be based on own passion, budget. If topic selection becomes only keyword research based then such blog does not stay for longer duration. A blog after few decades can become a serious magazine. Darren Rowse has own style. Copying style of Darren Rowse unlikely to give money for the nest 3-4 decades. The selling point of
copyblogger.com was blogging advices by Darren Rowse! But probably his main interest is digital photography. Creating whole site promoting how to earn money is towards odd work in 2019-20. Others already has websites on the same topic and they continuously update their content. Peoples dislike to many similar writings on your blog.
A good example of passion (of course money driven) niche is creative DIY electronics niche. Writing how an unique circuit works, providing excellent diagram and video is an honest marketing. We want to say – do not write like a machine by performing keyword research. All the search engines, ad networks will have misleading data to deceive their opponents. Keyword research provides a partial idea of what readers can read. Good niche technical of blog at this moment are Android smartphone related, DIY electronics, Web Development, Software Development etc. If created content become asset, not huge search engine optimization needed. Peoples from social networks automatically find it and Google search engine automatically rank it. The three niche I mentioned above – Android smartphone, DIY electronics, Web Development, Software Development can make millions per year. Android smartphone has lot of matters from gaming apps, digital photography to many reviews.
When cost of a service or product is few thousand dollars then the readers likely to be future buyers. If the quality of traffic is good then earning with 1000 pageviews per day can return $10, 000 per month. Making it to happen is the bussiness idea. Making a crowd with bad quality traffic (who will never buy the services) will return 5 cent AdSense clicks & guessing the quality of traffic, no high paying sponsor likely to come.
How Blogs Make Money?
AdSense like third party advertisers are a consistent but fraction as source of money. AdSense ads makes the website reliable to other services as AdSense dangerously manually check. With 1000 pageviews per day with optimal content, AdSense themselves will return hardly $1000/month. That sum is rare and most stuck within $200/month.
Again, blog with 1000 pageviews per day can earn $10, 000 per month. Because long term advertisers will want to avoid Google AdWords-AdSense trap and directly pay for the sponsored posts, ad placement either for a term or for lifetime. Paying $200 to $5000 one time is not loss for them. Unless a blog makes huge number of posts per month, chance of the above ways get decreased. Those are main ways of earning of many blogs and many bloggers including Darren Rowse pointed them through their writings. Sponsored article niche runs on trust within known circle. Once a blog entered the niche, need not to look back. It is various media companies who maintains list of good blogs and possibly share feedback.
Next way of earning from blog is affiliate advertisements which earns huge money with proper implementation.
There are other ways like selling e-books, services, having a shop and sky is the limit of possibilities.
How to Make Money With a Blog For the Beginners : Starting the Blog
We recommend affordable web standard to start a blog :
- Buy a dot com domain. Sadly, peoples still think that website should end with dot com and no dash in name. If domain name is too big like thecustomizewindows.com, then have a domain for short name like we have jima.in
- Buy that dot com domain’s dot net subdomain. Like we have thecustomizewindows.net
- There are cheap VPS, Cloud Server services, such as VPSDime or Aruba Cloud. From 1.5 Euro per month you’ll get 1 GB RAM virtual server.
- Install Apache2 web server, PHP 7.x, MySQL on it and install WordPress. We have hundreds of guides on this site on how to around them. Hire a professional if you can not do it. Also secure the server to prevent hackers making fun out of your odd works.
- You can use Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate for https, however we recommend cheap Rapid SSL certificate for maximum browser support.
- Do not self host email. There are domain name services which will give you firstname.lastname@example.org looking emails. Google Apps is one of them. We discussed the technical matters of email via various articles on this site including discussion on cloud transactional email. Zoho probably offers one free domain named email.
- DO NOT USE SHARED SERVER in 2019-20 for serous website. They do not costs lesser and has too many technical limitations.
- You can use your server provider’s DNS at the beginning or use free DNS like from Hurricane Electric
- Optional — install a good, hand coded, paid WordPress theme framework like Studiopress Genesis. You can find legally free Child Theme of Genesis and modify it. Genesis has lot of free WordPress plugins and continuously develop, provide info on their blog.
- Have proper icon of website.
- Have corresponding Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube etc official social networks
- Write the bare minimum pages like About Us, Terms of Service etc. You can look at any blog to get idea.
- Write minimum 1 post per day. When you’ll have 100 posts then you can apply for Google AdSense account.
- Do not expect much money for the first 6 months.
Conclusion : We Have No Affiliate Link in the Article!
It is no way bad that someone makes money (including you). But affiliate links must not be included in articles where the newbies are forced to buy a product while being tracked.
Never install “cracked” paid themes. They usually have malware. Studiopress Genesis really have no checking. You can use your friend’s copy of Studiopress Genesis if you are limited by budget at the beginning, later buy a legit license from them when you’ll make money. Studiopress needs money to continuously improve. They are also running online bussiness to make money like you. If your design of site is superb, they’ll list you.
Services we mentioned cost mere few dollars per year :
- dot com domain, dot net domain – $20/year
- cheap VPS/ cloud server – $20/year
- cheap SSL certificate – $10/year
That ends this article.