Through our some recent articles we published a review of Samsung A50s and discussed about USB Type C. Samsung A50s is kind of starting range of Samsung premium devices – you’ll get more options after connecting two Note 10 (both devices support pen and touch with palm rejection). Commonly, most of the entry grade to mid-range smartphones have micro USB, not USB Type C connector. USB OTG works in the same way for micro USB and USB Type C. We tested the system by connecting :
- Samsung A50s with Vivo Y71
- Samsung Note 10 with Samsung Note 10+
We are writing from the experience of connecting Samsung A50s with Vivo Y71. We believe that this kind of combination is common. Vivo Y71 has an option to turn ON/OFF the OTG. We kept the OTG of Vivo Y71 to off. Samsung A50s acted quite like a computer.
The smartphone charger cable supports data transfer. So :
- You can use one smartphone’s charger cable and a connector for converting the standard male USB end to micro USB or USB Type C convertor
- or, you can use charge cables of both smartphones, in that case, you need to connect the two male USB ends – a connector with both side female required
- Obviously, you can buy a dedicated cable with the desired ends
Whenever you’ll connect holes of both the smartphones (male-female connectors are not sober langugage either) :
- One will work as a master, one will work as a host. You’ll get onscreen option to control which smartphone you’ll use as the master.
- The smartphone with lesser battery charge in percentage will suck battery from the other to get charged.
There were some protocols standardized for digital cameras before the advent of these smartphones. There is
Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) and so on. There are many benefits of MTP, such as
driverless installation, Auto Sync, auto-guess device limitations, bidirectional file property synchronization and so on. By default, Samsung’s compiled Android extensively supports sync between two smartphones in this way. You need just a few taps to guess how the file manager can “suck” files from the other device. You can select, copy, paste from the Samsung device as you do on a computer.
There is a difference of Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) browser with USB Mass Storage (file oriented instead of the block-oriented protocol). MTP avoids exposing the filesystem and metadata index. There is no risk of filesystem corruption if unplugging the device while writing. Also, file transfers are atomic, and no unmounting is required.
Samsung assumes that both connected Samsung smartphones belong to either the same person or the same family. You can easily sync the Gallery of two Samsung smartphones. Samsung has an app to share the battery with another device.
Do not try this with a costly DSLT/DSLR. Their standard does not allow unauthorized writes.Tagged With how to connect two androids by usb cable , how to connect two smartphnes together with cable , connecting any two phones directly with cable , how do i connect a usb connector in a phone , how to connect 2 mobiles via usb cable to one pc? , connect two android phones via usb , cable to connect 2 cell , how to connect 2 phones together , can u connect 2 phones by a cable , Can I connect two Android phones via USB?