In the network technology, a distinction between active and passive network components. Network components are needed to create a network. These basic discussions via our website is a typical character and we find that the common users find them very much useful. Not that all the readers have theoretical knowledge on computer networking, eventually gross idea about networking comes in usage for works even around the servers or home. Network Components has other names but we will stick with this nomenclature. We are discussing the topic under two sub-headers – Passive Network Components and Active Network Components. We will be linking to the old articles for each components wherever applicable.
Passive Network Components
Passive Network Components includes :
- Cable – Which can include Twisted pair cable, Coaxial cable, Fiber-optic cable, hybrid fibre-coaxial cables.
- Junction box – It is a container for connections intended to conceal them from sight and deter tampering.
- Connector – Connectors has been discussed separately. There can be specific type of connectors like fiber optic connectors.
- Patch Panel – They are used for connecting and routing for monitoring, interconnecting, and testing circuits in a convenient and flexible manner.
- Network Cabinet / Patch cabinet – This falls among cable management, cable management is an important in information technology and communication.
Active Network Components
In case of a smaller private network, the network components might not have the clear name – such as a switch or router. However, these are typical components, wherever there is detailed topic, we have hyperlinked them :
- Network card
- Print Server
- NAS (Storage)
- Load Balancer
Most topic has been discussed. Remaining is mainly repeater. A repeater is a device that receives a signal and retransmits it at a higher level or higher power or to the other side of an obstruction so that the signal can cover longer distances. There are different types of repeaters and it is difficult to write an article on repeater itself – that is outside the capability of this website.
Follow the Author of this article :