Previously we have published a good number of articles related to Internet of Things (IoT). To the readers who need an easy understanding of Internet of Things (IoT) can read this older article.
Protocols Related to Internet of Things (IoT)
The readers who are a bit advanced, can read articles like – What Impact IoT (Internet of Things) Will Deliver To the Security Firms. Most of the advanced readers will be aware of the vastly used terminologies related to Protocols, as we have discussed throughout our website before – What is Network Protocol, Brief details of Communications Protocol, Internet Protocol Suite, Common Internet Protocols and so on. Internet of Things actually related to a huge range of industries, topics, devices and applications. It is quite common to think – What Protocols are Related to Internet of Things (IoT).
Matthew Gast, Director at Aerohive Networks nicely divided materials (lack of better terminology) related to Internet of Things (IoT) at O™Reilly’s blog which can be imagined as a taxonomy that helps to classify and describe a set of objects :
- Network Transport
Now it actually becomes easier to think and add the related protocols keeping our OSI Model in mind.
Currently Used Protocols Related to Internet of Things (IoT)
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
- IPv6 and 6LoWPAN (IPv6 over Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks)
- UDP (User Datagram Protocol)
- MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport)
- CoAP (Constrained Application Protocol)
- XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol) and XMPP-IoT
- AMQP (Advanced Message Queuing Protocol)
- LLAP (lightweight local automation protocol)
- SSI (Simple Sensor Interface)
- Time Synchronized Mesh Protocol (TSMP)
These are major commonly used Protocols in relation to to Internet of Things (IoT). There are Platforms/ Data Brokers, which we have avoided here.
Follow the Author of this article :